The definition of cause-and effect essay can be best explained by these easy and well-known examples:
The reason: A genetically modified spider has bitten Peter Parker when he and his friends visited Oscorp Technologies.
The result: Peter was able to develop extraordinary powers and became the Spiderman to combat criminals in New York City.
Cause An army of rebel soldiers took on the forces of the Order at Krypton.
Effect Results: The parents of Karl-el sent him to earth to ensure his safety.
If you take a look at the cause-and effect essay examples that are provided above, you will realize that the concept of cause and effect suggests that an event caused another to occur. “The “cause” refers to the thing that causes another event to occur and”the “effect” refers to what occurs as a result of the cause.
Cause and effect essays are essay written in order to establish a link between two events. The essay type focuses on the reasons behind a specific event and the consequence. Cause always comes before effects , evidently.
Cause-and-effect essays are crucial to understand since they are typically assigned to students in primary high schools, colleges and universities. They are a major factor in your academic performance.
Furthermore, a cause and effect essay is an effective strategy for organizing and defining ideas. It’s crucial in every day life. In particular analysts frequently use cause-and-effect to explain the causes behind the company’s current situation and the possible outcomes that could be expected.
Cause-and-effect essays are easy to write if you know what you’re looking at. It is impossible to identify the effects without a causality. Thus, research and logic thinking are essential to an cause-and-effect.
Here’s how to write an essay on cause and effect step by step:
Cause-and-effect essay topics may not be the same as every ordinary essay. The subject matter must be one that permits you to analyze the causes and consequences.
An example of a cause and effect essay theme is “What are the consequences of bullying on children in schools?”
Brainstorming is the initial step of a cause-and-effect process case if you’ve got a particular topic, else you’ll have to select a suitable topic first. Brainstorming helps you generate ideas that are relevant to the essay you’re writing. Gathering your thoughts apprises you with points to work with and also how to apply these points efficiently.
It is necessary to develop an inventory of the most important factors and their effects prior to going further. This will require you to look over your ideas that you’ve learned from brainstorming and work out responses to the questions below:
- What is the motivation that triggered the catalyst incident? — to determine the definition of cause (s);
- What does this event have led to? For the definition of effect (s).
Let’s take bullying as an illustration.
- What are the reasons behind bullying? This is why the child bully others?
The need to get noticed as well as frustration at home an unpopular role model, an aggressive personality, the need for revenge, troubles within the school environment, and other.
- What is the impact of bullying for the child as well as others?
Stress, fear that is abnormal of self-esteem loss, depression and substance abuse disorders, and even depression.
After you’ve defined these aspects review each and then arrange them in order of priority for the event.
The outline serves as a guideline to follow. You can describe it as the structure of your cause and effect essay. It helps organize and adds consistency to your essay.
The outline comprises three major sections: introduction, body, and conclusion.
The outline of a cause and effect bullying essay could be like this:
- Introduction: Bullying is a prevalent case among students of schools or colleges as well as universities. It is a universal challenge that has lasting consequences on society.
- Body The Body: Causes and Effects
- 1. Kids who do not get the attention of their parents become bullies.
- 1. They begin to bully other kids in the hope of being noticed.
- Cause 2. Some bullies are a result of bullying that continues at the hands of others.
- 2. The bullies are bullies to other kids until a new set of bullies is formed — a vicious circle.
- Conclusion The Bullying virus is a disease that needs to be eradicated from our culture.
The thesis statement introduces the principal idea of an essay. The mere glance should inform what the essay discusses. It’s important to indicate whether you’re writing about consequences, causes or both.
Students are prone to bullying across the world. According to the National Center for Educational Stats reports that 1 out of every five students are bullied. This essay focuses on the causes and consequences of this phenomena that’s seized the modern world.
Arguable thesis means that it can be argued. It must either state or refute an argument regarding your topic. In order to be debateable the thesis should have the possibility of being truthful. But, it should not be universally accepted as being truthful. It should instead be something that people could disagree with. The thesis may be either an observation or an opinion.
observation + observation (the “why”) is a thesis
Checking if your thesis is able to create a powerful antithesis is an excellent approach to assess how strong your thesis is.
Common thesis pitfalls:
- A thesis that is a fragment.
- The thesis is too broad.
- A thesis which is expressed as an inquiry. (The thesis is usually drawn from the answer to the issue.)
- Extraneous information is included in a thesis.
- It begins the”I believe” or “I think” or “In my opinion.”
It’s not always necessary however it could help strengthen your essay. Collecting more relevant data about the subject you’ll write about will help form convincing arguments for the various parts in your article.
For instance, if the reasons and consequences of bullying are the subject of your essay, you should find out more information about bullying stats, real-life cases, and the opinions of expert psychologists.
When you’ve reached this step, it is time to begin writing your essay. Make your cause-and-effect essay easy and concise. Use simple and appropriate language. Keep to the structure you were instructed to use and seamlessly throughout your paper.
Cause-and-effect essays have two major forms which are the chain and the block. The structure is mostly focused on the main content of an essay. The structure of the cause-and-effect essay is based on the instructions given. If there is no template that you can follow, the choice is yours.
The block structure requires you to list all factors that caused the event in the first, then the effects.
A cause and effect bullying essay written using the block structure would have a body that looks like this:
1. Cause: Bullying is usually associated with issues at home.
Cause 2: Bullies are usually driven by the desire to be seen.
Transition: Bullying is a universal issue that affects all of society.
1. Effect 1: Bullying can result in a decline for mental health.
Second effect: Bully victims begin to be fearful by their bullying peers.
The chain structure requires that you include the effect of a cause prior to another cause and the effect too. This means that one cause has one effect, and one cause and its effect.
1. Some children become bullies due to a absence of parental care.
Effect 1: These kids intimidate other children to get noticed by other kids.
The second reason is that bullies may be the result of bullying by a trusted person.
Second effect: Bullying may be a trigger for self-destructive behavior.
The outline of the cause-and-effect essay as we’ve mentioned before, assists to organize collected ideas, making sure you have a clear blueprint to follow when writing your essay.
There are three parts of a cause-and-effect essay format The introduction, the main part and the concluding.
- The opening of your essay needs to be appealing and captivating. The way you present your essay will go a long way towards influencing the number of people who get to the second part that you write. It is a definition of the term and an explanation of the causes and effects of this concept.
- The body is the most educative aspect of your cause and effect. It speaks extensively (or not depending on instructions) on the concept, explains the causes and effects, and establishes the relationship between the two.
- The final sentence is your closing shot. The goal is to leave an impression on readers so that what they’ve read will stay on their minds for a while. The ending should encourage readers to act.
At NursingEssayFix, we provide cause-and-effect essay writing services. We understand the process of writing an essay on your own can be challenging, especially in the event that this is your first time and you’re given an assignment to finish.
Our curators’ team is comprised of experts who have important certificates. Try our services to help you get top marks at school or create an excellent analytical tool. Look over the impressive cause-and-effect essay samples that our writers have created here.
Send us your order and inform us a date to fulfill.
In deciding on a topic for the cause-and-effect essay, you have to select the situation where a specific event, fact or act causes another — like an event or reaction. With this in mind you can create an endless cause-and-effect essay topics list.
But, in order to choose the right topic your subject must be relevant, simple important, precise, and interesting. Explore the cause and effect essay topics listed below to get a better idea:
- What are the consequences of Recurrent Wildfires on Australian Wildlife?
- The Effects on Water Contamination on Marine Life Cycle
- The impact of Junks affect an individual’s Energy levels
- The impact of social Media on the Prevalence of eating disorders that teens experience
- What can learning Mandarin Enhance Cognitive Function?
- The impact of movies on Teenage Behavior
- The Consequences of Cheating in Exams
- What impact will the first teacher’s influence on the student’s academic future?
- However, if you would prefer to write on fun cause-and effect essay subjects, then here’s the place to go…
- How to make your YouTube Video go viral? one YouTube Video
- What are the implications of having a Pet on well-being?
- The effect of cycling on Traffic Jams
- The causes and effects of the popularity of fast Food Restaurants
- Internet Influence on children
- Popularity of Sports in US
- Professional sports’ effects on children
- Alcohol and the nervous system
- Domestic violence
- Growing up with one parent
- Impact of school bullying on children
- Putin his policies towards neighbouring countries
- Human body and mind are affected by music
- Dating at young age
- What is it that causes women to become involved in relationships that are destructive?
- Earthquakes and potential dangers they bring
- Social media effect on young people
- Growing in poverty
- What is causing the rise of non-drug therapies for pain?
- What’s driving the increase in number of sports psychology professionals?
- Are changes in the microbiome a cause that affect our mood, or depression?
- What is it that causes college students to feel more anxiety?
- What triggers someone to feel depressed?
- What impact does it have on our mental well-being taking a walk in the nature?
- Explain the behavioral phenomena of society.
- Demonstrate that history runs in cycles.
- What caused racism? What result do we expect today?
- Why is globalization occurring? What effect will it have?
- The reasons couples break up. What can be the cause?
- What are the effects of low-income on drug use?
- Causes of homelessness?
- The effects on people who aren’t wearing shoes?
- What are the effects of poor sanitation the community?